competition for change
The rising cost of treatment continues to remain
at the forefront of physician and patient concerns.
Biosimilars offer choice
drive down the cost of care while delivering quality treatment to those who need it. As high-value biosimilar competition continues to enter the market, providers are realizing the power of choice.
- Projected annual savings from biosimilars alone are expected to top $60 billion in 2023 for a 5-year total of $153 billion1
- Savings will benefit a range of stakeholders in the short term, with
patients, payers, and the healthcare systemseeing potential long-term benefits1
Coherus BioSciences was established in 2010 with the mission to improve patient access to high-quality biologics for life-altering diseases by leveraging the biosimilar regulatory pathway.
Benefits of biosimilars
- Provides a choice that has the potential to lower the financial burden
- May help increase patient access
- Helps decrease overall financial burden
- Increases access to treatment options
- Offsets the burden of increasing healthcare costs in areas such as oncology
- Potential savings due to more treatment choices and increased competition
- May free up resources for other important aspects of healthcare
The need for UDENYCA®
Lack of competition enabled cost increases. Wholesale acquisition cost (WAC)
of Neulasta® (pegfilgrastim) has more than doubled since 2006.3
significant cost for your practice6
Wholesale acquisition cost (WAC)*
UDENYCA® was confirmed
to be highly similar to
Neulasta®, with no clinically
Receive occasional emails to learn more about UDENYCA®, reimbursement, and support services for your chemotherapy patients.Sign up now
* Based on WAC. WAC does not necessarily reflect actual prices paid by consumers, pharmacies, or third-party payers. UDENYCA® WAC of $4175 per prefilled syringe vs Neulasta® WAC of $6417 per prefilled syringe.
References: 1. Biosimilars market is ripe for cost savings. The Center for Biosimilars. Published June 27, 2019. Accessed September 20, 2022. 2. Biosimilars: a safe & effective option for patients. The Biosimilars Council. Updated January 2018. Accessed September 20, 2022. http://biosimilarscouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Biosimilars-Fact-Sheet_Updated-10-9-17-Final.pdf. 3. US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Medi-Span Price Rx, 2022. 4. Meropol NJ, Schulman KA. Cost of cancer care: issues and implications. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25(2):180-186. 5. Biosimilar and Interchangeable Products. United States Food and Drug Administration. Published October 12, 2021. Accessed September 20, 2022. https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/biosimilar-and-interchangeable-biologics-more-treatment-choices. 6. Data on file. Coherus BioSciences, Inc.; 2022 7. Data on file. Coherus BioSciences, Inc.; 2021. 8. UDENYCA® (pegfilgrastim-cbqv) package insert. Redwood City, CA: Coherus BioSciences, Inc.; 2021. 9. Neulasta® (pegfilgrastim) package insert. Thousand Oaks, CA: Amgen Inc.; 2021.